It’s OK to complain

How do I make a Complaint?

Anyone can complain and has the right to complain.

An initial complaint can be made by talking to your Counsellor/Advocate, or you can write a letter.
If you are not satisfied, you can ask to speak with the Manager of GCASA.

If you are still not satisfied you can contact:

Health Services Commissioner Complaints and Information on 1800 136 066


Victorian Privacy Commissioner on 1300 666 444

What is a Complaint?

A complaint is a comment made by you about our service or the way you were treated by a staff member or a GCASA representative.

If you were dissatisfied or unhappy with the service provided or the way you were treated, tell us about it.

What we will do when you Complain?

  • All complaints are taken seriously
  • We welcome any complaints or suggestions as they help us provide a better service.
  • GCASA is happy for you to use an advocate such as a friend or another organisation when making a complaint.
  • GCASA will act to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible.
  • All complaints will remain confidential.

To contact any Victorian CASA or the Sexual Assault Crisis Line phone 1800 806 292

For sexual assault counselling within Australia phone 1800 RESPECT